Monday, February 6, 2012

First Super Bowl ever!

Since football is not so popular in China, I haven't got chance to watch any football games before I came to U.S. I am not a sports fan but I feel that Super Bowl is conveyed with more than simply sports to Americans so I decide to watch it to be engaged more with the American culture.
Before the game, I studied a little bit about the rules of the football and the background information about the two teams that's going to compete. It's a little bit hard for me to watch a sports game if I'm not sure which team should I support. So I asked a few friends and searched online. It seems that football is sports game that's requiring a lot about the teamwork and cooperation, a lot more than basketball or soccer. The rules are complicated to me as a newcomer, but it's also fun to learn by watching.
Another thing that i have learned about the Super Bowl is that the Super Bowl is the most watched program in U.S. so the commercial ads during the Super Bowl is a great enjoyment other than the game itself. It's supposed to be the most expensive ads on TV. So I paid a lot of attention to the ads and I really enjoyed some of them, such as the Doritos and the Coke Cola ones and some trailers of the new movies. It's really interesting to look into the commercials because it's quite different from Chinese ones and there are a lot of intercultural issues in it.
The third thing that i really expected a lot before the game is the half-time show by Madonna. I'm not a big fan of her but the performance was awesome. It's hard to imagine a 50-year old woman to be so young and energetic. Also, I enjoyed the dance and performance by Nicki, Cee-lo as well.
It's the first time that I watch Super Bowl and I hope it's a good start to know more about American culture.

No comments:

Post a Comment